Dear Parents, Carers and Pupils,
I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed what for many, was a quieter Christmas. I am sorry to be contacting you on a Sunday but I know you will understand these are unusual circumstances.
There is a lot of information on the news and social media about schools switching to home learning and offering places for key workers. Things are changing from moment to moment but as it stands now, our school will be open as normal from Monday 4th January 2021.
You will all be aware of the rise in cases, hospital admissions and the new strain of the Coronavirus. A number of the unions have issued advice to their members.
This is a summary of the action and advice from the unions so far.
- NAHT and ASCL have started legal proceedings against the government and have given them a deadline of 3pm on 04/01/2021.
- NEU and Unison have issued members with a letter to the headteacher regarding working from home or working with keyworker children in school, should schools close under section 44 of the health and safety act.
- NASUWT have advised members to attend school.
All teachers will be in their normal classes and we will open as planned.
I genuinely don’t know if the government will reverse their decision and move to home learning and vulnerable and key worker provision. I suspect there will be more changes in the coming hours and days.
This is a summary of the plans we have in place and the measures we need follow in school.
- All teachers have a two week unit of work planned for home learning.
- A parent survey to sign up for key worker provision is ready.
- If provision moves to key worker provision, we will operate the previous bubble system and home learning will be supported through the website, emails and phone calls.
Things are changing regularly, please ask school any questions and use our school website for information about our school. Our number one priority is the safety and well being of our families and staff and the learning of our pupils. I will let you know immediately by text and the website if anything changes.
Please keep following all of our and governments guidance and stay safe.
Have a lovely evening and look after yourselves