Working together to achieve our best to reach our God-given potential.
We provide an excellent education enabling all to flourish. Together with our behaviour motto, “Treat others the way you want to treated” we prepare pupils for life in all its fullness in this world and the world to come.
‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29 v.11
Whitfield St James’ CE (VC) Primary School has a living Christian foundation following the teaching of Jesus and claiming His promise of ‘life in all its fullness’ for everyone (John 10:10, Church of England Vision for Education). In our family-like community, everyone’s God-given uniqueness is welcome and important. We are committed to providing a safe environment in which children and adults can flourish.
We aspire for all to grow in academic wisdom – developing knowledge and skills that will inspire ambition and excellence. We aspire for all to acquire spiritual wisdom, questioning without fear to understand the universe, each other and ourselves as God’s work in progress as we try to be more like Jesus.
We set our sights on learning together in this Christian community to renew hearts and minds and give hope for the future for everyone as we journey in faith.
Our vision – Links with our school strap line of ‘Working together to achieve our best to fulfil our God given potential’.
To provide an excellent education that enables all our children to fulfil their potential and have a happy and successful future
Our aims and expectations
As a school we aim to …
- Deliver an interesting and engaging curriculum that encourages children to enjoy learning, be inquisitive and think independently
- Provide a safe and supportive environment that promotes Christian values of respect, kindness and honesty
- Have consistently high standards of behaviour in and outside school
- Give children the confidence to believe in themselves and each other, to take pride in their achievements and strive for continuous improvement
- Provide pupils with opportunities to develop not only intellectually, but creatively, socially, spiritually and morally
- Have an understanding and respect for other cultures and the wider world, creating active and responsible citizens for the 21st Century
- Foster positive, supportive, honest, and open relationships between children, parents, staff and the community
We have high expectations of all pupils and teach a set of values that provide a firm foundation for their behaviour and learning and ensure our children develop the skills to be good citizens.
Adults in the school are role models for our values and the school’s reward policy, and weekly Good Work Assembly, recognises and celebrates them.
Our school’s core values are Friendship, Hope, Resilience, Forgiveness, Wisdom/Achievement and Thankfulness and they underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We have very strong links with St James Church and we are very much looking forward to welcoming a new Vicar in the coming months.
Heather Kindleysides – Children’s and families leader and Ex-Officio foundation governor.
Please see below for our half termly values.