Dear Parents and Carers,
I would like to thank you all for making our first week back really positive and it has been lovely to see everyone at the gate . With the start of another national lockdown, I know this is an anxious time for everyone. We are shielding the children from this pandemic in school. The lockdown doesn’t change very much for schools, if you have any questions or want to discuss anything, please contact school.
A member of staff contracted the virus over the half term and became symptomatic on Sunday 1st November. They are feeling better and I have sent our best wishes. The member of staff has not been in school since Friday 23rd October and track and trace are clear that we don’t need to take any further action.
There are a number of parents with positive tests and it is clear that the number of cases are rising significantly in the area. I can’t thank you all enough for for everything you are doing to reduce risk in school and in our community. Please continue to follow ours and government guidance.
- Observe social distancing in the playground.
- Leave the playground as soon as the children come out of school.
- If families need to isolate through track and trace, the family must must not leave their property.
- If the child or a member of the household has Covid 19 symptoms, they must isolate and not send their child into school for 14 days or until there is a negative test. Please keep school informed throughout this process.
I know our narrow streets make it difficult to get to our school. There has been an increase in the number of cars coming down Chadwick street and an increasing number of near misses.
- Please only park in the disabled bays if you are the holder of a valid blue badge.
- Please don’t drive down Chadwick Street unless it is necessary.
- Please don’t park in the staff car park or near the garages.
The children will bring home their parents report today but in future we are going to set up an email system to reduce the amount of paper and to help in virus control.
If you require another copy of the report, please email the class teacher or myself and we will arrange it.
We will assess the children in December and you will get these results in the next parent report in January 2021.
We are going to have a whole school assembly at 10:50am on Wednesday 11th November on Zoom.
We will record the assembly and are hoping to share it on the website.
- Introduction by Mr Woodward.
- ‘Ode to remembrance’ by Mr Doyle .
- Minutes silence.
- Last Post.
- Show poppy display on the classroom windows.
Diwali is on Saturday 14th November and I will deliver a recorded assembly on Monday 16th November. All classes will do some Diwali activities during that week.
Children in Need
This is Friday 13th November and we will have a non uniform day but with no donation.
Although I am hopeful we will have no positive cases in school, the odds are that we will at some point. We need to be vigilant and careful. Remote learning systems are in place and we will be able to respond quickly if there is the need to close a class bubble or the whole school. The one thing I am very clear about is that however tough things get, we will get through them together.
Keep taking care of each other and have a great weekend.